I found these in some old paperwork and thought I would post them for others to use. Here goes:
- Stuff a miniature marshmallow in the bottom of a sugar cone to prevent ice cream drips.
- Use a meat baster to "squeeze" your pancake bater onto the hot griddle--perfect shaped pancakes every time.
- To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes.
- To prevent egg shells from cracking, add a pinch of salt to the water before hard-boiling.
- Run your hands under cold water before pressing Rice Krispies treats in the pan--the marshmallow won't stick to your fingers.
- To get the most juice out of fresh lemons, bring them to room temperature and roll them under your palm against the kitchen counter before squeezing.
- To easily remove burnt-on food from your skillet, simply add a drop or two of dish soap and enough water to cover bottom of pan, and bring to a boil on stove-top--skillet will be much easier to clean.
- Spray your tupperware with nonstick cooking spray before pouring in tomato-based sauces--no more stains.
- When a cake recipe calls for flouring the baking pan, use a bit of the dry cake mix instead--no white mess on the outside of the cake.
- If you accidentally over-salt a dish while it's still cooking, drop in a peeled potato--it absorbs the excess salt for an instant "fix me up."
- Wrap celery in aluminum foil when putting in the refrigerator--it will keep for weeks.
- When boiling corn on the cob, add a pinch of sugar to help bring out the corn's natural sweetness.
- Don't throw out all that leftover wine: freeze into ice cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces.
- If you have a problem opening jars: try using latex dishwashing gloves. They give a non-slip grip that makes opening jars easy.
- Potatoes will take food stains off your fingers. Just slice and rub raw potato on the stains and rinse with water.
- To get rid of itch from mosquito bite: try applying soap on the area, instant relief.
- Use air-freshener to clean mirrors: it does a good job and better still, leaves a lovely smell to the shine.